Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tuesday Afternoon Cocktail (Kind Of)

*Sigh*

Apologies for the extreme lateness of this Friday Night Cocktail.

I’m afraid I’ve been busybusy with other business, and I woefully neglected my weekly task. I'm very naughty, I know! Alas!

Well, better late than never, right?

So…how about something to go with lunch?

If you’re anywhere near Los Angeles, you’ll know that we’re smack in the middle of a heat wave (I am eternally grateful to my husband for getting the AC working in our bedroom/office. I now get to work in a cool, dark cave instead of a sweaty dark cave. BIG improvement!).

Sometimes the best thing on a meltingly hot afternoon is a nice, ice-cold beer, such as Angel City Brewing Co.’s refreshing lager.

“A crisp golden lager not unlike some European imports but fresher tasting because its locally brewed and not pasteurized. Angel City Lager utilizes German malts and yeast and Czech Saaz hops, arguably the finest hops in the world, which gives Angel City Lager its crisp hoppy finish. Experience the way great lagers taste in Germany-right here in Southern California.”

Angel City is a microbrewery located in the middle of L.A. (City of Angels, of course!). They offer a growing range of award-winning beers; stouts, ales, lagers, a spicy hefeweizen, smooth dunkles and more.


My favorites are the Angel City Lager, and Angel City Ale, which I first tried several years ago at the Topanga Days festival in Topanga Canyon. That was a hot day, just like today, and those crisp, cold brews sure made the heat a lot more bearable!

So if you’re in the mood for a beer and spy an Angel City offering in the cooler or on the menu, I encourage you to give it a try!


No comments:

Post a Comment

And what have you to say for yourself???