Thursday, July 23, 2009

"Emma" Art Prints & Cards Now Available

My original "Emma" design featured a rounded "arched doorway" shape that looks really cool on the apparel (see preview image in previous post), but on a matted and framed print would have left blank white triangles in the upper corners, so I altered the design slightly for the prints and cards.
Also, my apparel designs generally include a "Cristina's Angels" logo, while the art prints and cards to not.

I invite you to check out the cool FineArtAmerica Greeting Card interface, which allows you to customize your cards with a personal message printed inside, as well as choose a background color and adjust the size and orientation of the image:
http://fineartamerica.com/showgreetingcard.php?id=489735
These features are available for all of my art print images.

More info:
About FAA Greeting Cards:
  • FAA greeting cards are 5" x 7" in size and are produced on digital offset printers using 110 lb. paper stock.
  • Each card is coated with a UV protectant on the outside surface which produces a semi-gloss finish.
  • The inside of each card has a matte white finish and can be customized with a text message up to 500 characters in length.
  • The artist's name and the name of the image is printed on the back of each card along with the FAA logo.
  • Cards can be ordered in a horizontal or vertical configuration. Cards can be ordered with a white background or black background.
  • All greeting card orders ship within 48 hours!
  • Each card comes with a white envelope for mailing and gift giving.
Prices start at $4.95 for a single card. This is as low as I can price them and make any money (and while I do create my art because I am driven to and enjoy it, a gal has to make a living!). At first I thought this may be a bit prohibitively high, but a recent visit to my local greeting card store set me straight. Most of the cards I found were in this price range, or more, and those were mass-produced and non-customizable.
Also, if you buy the cards in packs of 10 or 25, the price-per-card goes down dramatically.
A 10-pack is $24.50 - that's $2.45 per card - less than half the individual card price!
A 25-pack is $50.00 - that's brings it down to $2.00 per card.

If you think you have no need for this many cards, think about how many people you know who would appreciate the artwork. Giving someone a unique card with cool artwork and a little "thanks for being my friend" note is a great way to make the world a better place - certainly worth $2.00, especially when it's supporting the artist!

Also - I'm working on holiday cards that would serve well as invitations and other special occasion designs, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

And what have you to say for yourself???