Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Back to the Old Drawing Board

So, it’s been a little while since I’ve done any art stuff. I kinda got burnt out and took some time off. Did some temp work. Looked for a “Real Job”.
Still looking.
The other night I talked to a friend who curated a show for me awhile back and she was eager to see more work from me. Explaining to her that I was taking some time off from art and hadn’t done anything new for months kind of made me feel like a shlub.
Luckily, that conversation percolated through my brain and got my creative gears turning again. The next day I dove headlong into a new piece and began to explore a new direction with my art. Actually, it’s more like refining and expanding something I’d been previously exploring and had kind of petered out on. A bunch of the influences and stylistic things I dig are coming together in a new way that I’m really liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And what have you to say for yourself???